There are lots of ways to learn to dance!
- Lessons. All of our dances start with a partner dance lesson and a line dance lesson. Our Saturday Queer Country Social dances have beginner two step lessons starting at 7:00. This is a great way to pick up the basic two step pattern, a hesitation step, and a turn that will get you on your way on the dance floor. The lesson is part of the admission price, and no partner is necessary.
- Workshops We also sponsor workshops where you can learn even more. Workshops are generally geared toward dancers with at least some experience in some style of partner dancing. Workshops are open to the general dance community in the Boston area and beyond. Previous workshop topics have included two-step, waltz, swing, line dancing, and general dance technique. This spring have workshops planned before our spring “sweet tea” Queer Country Social Dances, see our calendar for more details. We also have numerous Workshops during our annual Spring Stomp: A Hoedown in P-town held in April.
- Local Instruction There are many opportunities to take private lessons, classes and workshops in the Boston area. The list below includes GFP supporters, so feel confident that they are LGBTQA+S (Queer) friendly!
- Alan Gaskell • 617-620-9599 (great all around social dance teacher)
- Julie Kaufmann • 781-306-0642 • www.jkdance.com
- Liz Nania • OUT to Dance • 617-363-0029 • www.outtodance.com
- Ray Salvo • 781-210-7661